- Current Position at European Space Agence (ESA) since December 2008.
Science Operations for the Astrophysics missions
- 2008: Awarded of a
Ramon y Cajal Fellowship for research in Physics and Astronomy in Spain.
Out of over 200 applications, I have ranked 9th, but have chosen the current ESA position.
- January 2006 - November 2008: Chandra Fellowship
at Arizona State University with Prof. Sumner Starrfield.
- August 2004 - December 2005: Post-doc position at the University of Oxford, worked with
Prof. Dame Carole Jordan
on X-ray and UV spectroscopy of Stellar Coronae.
- 1999-2002: PhD degree on
High-Resolution X-ray Spectroscopy of
Stellar Coronae at Hamburger
Sternwarte, the observatory of the University of Hamburg, Germany.
Supervised by Prof.
Jürgen H.M.M. Schmitt.
- 1998/99: Diploma Thesis on computer simulations of interacting
Galaxies at University of Kiel, Germany, supervised by Prof. Gerhard Hensler.
Spectral Time Map of XMM-Newton RGS spectrum of the Recurrent Nova V3890 Sgr (1962, 1990, 2019). The four panels share x/y axes as follows:
1) Top left: photon flux versus wavelength: Average spectrum (black line with blackbody approximation with red dotted line) and two spectra extracted from different time intervals (see below)
2) Top right: Colour code along photon flux axis used in:
3) Bottom left: Time (from top down) versus wavelength: Time resolved spectra, the colours correspond to photon fluxes as in top right panel. Horizontal dashed lines mark the time intervals over which the shaded spectra of same colour in the top left panel are integrated
4) Bottom right: Light curve turned around by 90 degrees with time along same axis as 3) and count rate horizontally. The shaded areas mark the time intervals over which the shaded spectra of same colour in the top left panel are integrated
Cora line fitting programme
Past year (Pre-print Server astro-ph)
All publications (external link: ADS)
All publications found by GoogleScholar, sorted by number of found citations.
...and my Camaro in Arizona:
- Organ Recordings
- My mechanical Organ
- Movies of cactus flowers
- Movies of Sun/Moon Sets plus eclipses
- Personal Photo Gallery through Time
- My House
- Pictures of Berlin Wall 1989/1990
- Astro Photos
(click on image to enlarge)
Last modified by