Next: Slow and detailed start
Up: Manual for Cora line
The program is designed to be learned by intuitive use. We give a description
how to get started and refer to more detailed description in
- Prepare a spectrum datafile.
- For the required format, see Sect. 5.1.1.
- If you have XMM-RGS fits files, see Sect. 5.1.2.
- For testing, run cora_spec to create a test spectrum
(see Sect. 5.1.1).
- Name the spectrum datafile spectrum.dat and move it to
your current working directory.
- In your current working directory, start cora. If you have
not installed it already, you can run it from the source directory with
- In the main window, choose Options/Graph from the top menu to view
the spectrum and select lines for fitting.
- Use the right mouse button to select lines.
- Hit 'q' when you are done.
- Check out explanations at the top of the graph window.
- Use the button to start the fit.
- Read on. Experiment.